A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the beverage team at Gravetye Manor, a Relais & Châteaux property and Michelin starred restaurant situated in the heart of Sussex
Full-time (48 hours per week)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can show passion and a keen interest to learn in a luxurious and high pressure environment. The chosen candidate should be focussed, customer centric and ready to start a new chapter in his or her hospitality career.
The bar at Gravetye is the perfect place to enjoy a drink with its elegant and intimate setting, light background music and roaring fire. The contemporary and signature cocktail list focusses on seasonality and sustainability with a bespoke revisited classics list also on offer. A diverse spirit selection, seasonal bottled beers and cigars are also part of the bar portfolio.
The bartender will have the responsibility to serve drinks from the bar as well as afternoon tea and light lunch options throughout the day in the manor’s four lounges and garden areas during the summer.
• To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
• To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
• To create memorable experiences for our guests ensuring that service is prompt and professional
• To be able to follow a specification sheet and produce outstanding drinks to the highest standards.
• To demonstrate the ability to work behind the bar in a clean and efficient manner whilst also being able to run a floor service with the assistance of the Head Bartender.
• To be able to assist the Head Bartender in the creation of bespoke cocktails using local produce in line with the seasons.
• To be conversant with serving afternoon tea and light food options adhering to Gravetye practises.
• To be aware of how each dish is prepared and the ingredients used, developing your knowledge as the menu changes.
• To adhere to strict precautions to safeguard hotel and guests property and to inform your manager immediately of any discrepancies, breakages and losses.
• To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by your manager.
• To liaise with other departments ensuring good communication and co-operation at all times.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Bartender.
• To comply with all the company’s Health and Safety requirements.
Required skills / Experience:
• To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
• To be passionate, keen to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
• To show creativity and demonstrate a strong interest in the latest trends of the industry
• To be able to communicate with guests, colleagues and managers in English.
• To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
• 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
• Quarterly paid service charge
• Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
• Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
• Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
• Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
• Meals provided on duty
• Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
• Yearly Christmas staff party
To be considered for the role of Bartender at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you to our team.