Come and join a dynamic team of professionals at Gravetye Manor.
Full Time (48 hours per week)
Our Food & Beverage Manager is looking to recruit motivated and passionate candidates to evolve in our newly built 60 seat Michelin starred restaurant with uninterrupted views over our famous gardens.
Be ready to show your skills, learn from us all and deliver an impeccable service, yet in a friendly atmosphere.
- To be on duty on time and always be presented in a clean and smart manner, ensuring uniform is smartly dressed and shoes are polished.
- To maintain the standards of Gravetye in keeping with the four red star status set by the AA and Relais & Châteaux and one Michelin star.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the dining room and to provide explanations if requested.
- To organise and supervise all mise-en-place, cleaning and service in the back office and the dining room.
- To assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager and Restaurant Manager in the greeting of guests, order taking process and supervision of the service making sure it is to the highest standards.
- To assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager and Restaurant Manager in the preparation of briefings and the writing of SOPs.
- To assist the Assistant Restaurant Manager and Restaurant Manager in planning the days ahead.
- To assist and coach junior members of the team in line with their training and development plans.
- To deal with minor guests’ complaints and step in whenever needed during service.
- To communicate efficiently with the Head Sommelier and Head Barman to allow a smooth service of beverages.
- To report all comments, complaints and feedback to the Assistant Restaurant Manager or Restaurant Manager.
- To manage the stock of laundry, dry goods, staff uniforms and stationary making sure that the restaurant is supplied according to the needs of the business.
- To adhere to strict precautions to safeguard hotel and guests property and to inform the Duty Manager immediately of any discrepancies, breakages and losses.
- To attend and participate in any training and personal development schemes as recommended by your manager.
- To liaise with other departments ensuring good communication and co-operation at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
Required skills / Experience:
- To be committed to being part of a driven team that is aiming to achieve quality and high standards throughout the hotel.
- To be keen to train and guide the junior team members.
- To be able to react efficiently during service to ensure that the guest’s experience remains to the highest standards.
- To be passionate, keen to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- To be able to communicate with guests, colleagues and managers in English.
- To demonstrate an excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- To demonstrate excellent organisation skills.
- 28 holiday days inclusive of bank holidays and a day off on your birthday after one year
- Quarterly paid service charge
- Staff discounts available within Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain
- Staff discounts at Gravetye Manor and family rates
- Anniversary gifts from your first anniversary
- Employee of the quarter and employee of the year awards
- Meals provided on duty
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Yearly Christmas staff party
Your job title and the tasks outlined above do not limit or define the work for which you are employed and the Company may require you from time to time to do other work within your capability. We may also ask you to work for short periods in other departments, if this is the case, then training will be provided where necessary to enable you to undertake the tasks expected of you.
To be considered for the role of Headwaiter/waitress at Gravetye Manor, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or use our online application form.
Thank you for considering Gravetye Manor as your next career step and we very much look forward to welcoming you in our team.